Pun Hlaing Hospitals Mandalay is in the heart of the city near the Medical University. We provide multi-disciplinary healthcare services by our full-time specialist doctors as well as our visiting specialists from Yangon. PHH Mandalay is a 75 bedded hospital at the heart of the city and located very close to the Government General Hospital and Medical University.
Our service spectrum covers primary to secondary healthcare in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Paediatrics, OB&G, Intensive Care, Orthopaedics, Spine Surgery, Anesthesiology, Oncology, Nephrology, Radiology, Pathology and Cardiology, as well as 24/7 Emergency Services. Acute Care Services, Laboratory, Imagine, Haemodialysis, Day Care Chemotherapy and Rehabilitation services.
The Department of Orthopedic is dedicated to provide comprehensive services for patients with musculoskeletal problems. Orthopedic Department is dedicated to deliver international standard and high quality care using modern equipment and technology in Orthopedics and Traumatology. We are the one stop orthopedic center with comprehensive rehabilitation facility to help you get back to your normal daily function within 7 to 10 days.
- All types of fracture fixation
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Arthroplasty (Total Knee and Total Hip Replacement, Shoulder and Elbow Arthroplasty, Revision Arthroplasty Procedures)
- Spinal Surgery (Discectomy, Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Nucleoplasty, Fusion Surgery, Total Disc Replacement for whole spine, etc)
- Minimally Invasive Trauma and Spinal Operations
- Deformity Correction Operations
- Operations for Pediatric Orthopedic Problems
Neuroscience Department provides seamless healthcare system with continuum of clinical management for neurological and neurosurgical patients through multidisplinary teamwork comprising medical doctors, nurses, allied health care workers, rehabilitation staffs and supported by dedicated administrators. Our vision is to deliver international standard quality neurosurgical services and skills using modern neurosurgical equipment and state of art medical technology, minimize morbidity and mortality with satisfaction and appreciation by patients’ family members.
“We provide a wide-range of healthcare expertise for outpatients, inpatients for the following conditions:
- Head Injuries and Traumas
- Brain Hemorrhage
- Brain Tumors
- Spinal Tumors
- Prolapsed intervertebral disc
- Degenerated disc disease
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Weakness of arms and limbs
- One sided facial pain and spasm
- Infections related to brain and spinal cord
The department of Oncology has developed a Comprehensive Cancer Care Centre across Pun Hlaing network hospitals, allowing patients to access the full range of clinical services through evidence-based strategies for prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment, and palliation.
The approach is designed to reduce the number of cancer cases, improving the treatment outcome by enhancing the cancer patients’ quality of life.
CCCC services are delivering to our patients through four verticals across:
Prevent –> Screen –> Detect –> Treat Cancer Prevention Services
Our pediatric department provides care for children from birth to 12 years of age for all illnesses. The department consists of the general pediatric wards, newborn nursery and pediatric outpatients unit. There is a specialist outpatient Mother and Child Centre for children, located opposite the specialist OPD Centre on the hospital’s ground floor. Pun Hlaing Hospitals ensures that all children seen by any speciality as an outpatient will be cared for in this department.
- State-of-the-art pediatric primary care
- Vaccination services
- Neonatal services
- Care of several chronic illnesses such as Asthma, Thalassemia, and Epilepsy.
With permission from Myanmar’s National Central Committee for COVID-19 Protection, Control and Treatment, Pun Hlaing Hospital – Hlaing Tharyar started to provide testing and treatment from December 24th 2020. Pun Hlaing Hospitals – Hlaing Tharyar has built a brand new COVID-19 Testing Centre within two months to prepare for administering Antigen-RDT to test COVID-19 in Domestic Airline Travellers. The testing centre has been thoroughly checked and approved by Myanmar’s National Central Committee for COVID-19 Protection, Control and Treatment to administer these tests.
To ensure the safety of all patients in need of treatment/medical attention for both non-COVID-19 and COVID-19 related illnesses, we have segmented our facilities into Yellow Zone, Green Zone and Red Zone for staffs and patient safety. Pun Hlaing Hospitals (PHH) is committed to keep our patients safe and to ensure that we are always here for you, no matter what the situation is.
Oral and maxillofacial surgery is concerned with the treatment of conditions of the face, mouth and jaw. This includes repair of cleft lip/palate, facial trauma and surgery for cancer.
Our consultants treat a range of conditions, including facial injuries, head and neck cancers, salivary gland diseases, facial deformities, facial palsies, facial pain, facial skin lesions, impacted teeth, cysts and tumours of the jaws, as well as mouth ulcers and infections.
The department currently offers the below treatments:
- Oral and maxillofacial infections
- Impacted wisdom teeth removal
- Dental and maxillofacial trauma
- Surgery for oral and maxillofacial pathology
- Surgery for pre-cancer and oral cancer
- Salivary gland diseases
- Surgery for neck metastasis
- Cleft lip and palate surgery
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- Surgical correction of jaw
The Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) department provides diagnostic and treatment facilities for a wide range of ear, nose and throat diseases. The ENT service aims to improve the quality of life for individuals with ear, nose and throat disorders and provide timely and accurate advice and information.
The service offers a full range of non-emergency ENT and head and neck services, including support for minor ENT emergencies. ENT surgery provides services to treat disorders and defects of the ears, nose (including sinuses), throat, head and neck. Services are offered to adults and children on an inpatient or day-patient basis.
Our hospital has a 24 x 7 ‘on duty’ model Emergency Services department operated in accordance with international best practice guidelines set by the American College of Emergency and the Australian College of Emergency.
In line with these best practice guidelines, we have formulated our clinical protocols and training programs in emergency medicine for chest pain, heart attack, stroke and trauma clinical pathways. We are focused on achieving ‘Golden Time Standards’ for treatment and interventions. This ensures that patients receive appropriate intervention treatment within a specified period as benchmarked in developed countries.
We mandate that all clinical staff in our Emergency Department complete formal training through a web-based proprietary emergency medicine training program at three levels (basic, intermediate and advanced life support skills) and complete over 18 to 24 months.
All Medical Officers based in the Emergency Department are American Heart Association (AHA) accredited in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS). The Clinical Director and Head of Emergency Department, Dr Htun Htun Zaw is the first AHA, BLS and ACLS instructor to be accredited here in Yangon and will conduct regular courses to ensure that all our Medical Officers and Acute Area Registered Nurses become accredited in BLS and ACLS. Our fleet of 3 fully equipped Ambulances operates 24×7 with a call-out team consisting of a BLS/ACLS accredited Medical Officer and RN with an ambulance driver trained in CPR and accident site management. Onboard equipment includes a portable ventilator, Automated External Defibrillator, Oxygen, Complete Suctioning System and comprehensive medical supplies to deliver a true “hospital on wheels” experience offering quick initial intervention, the ability to stabilize at the scene and retrieve back to base safely.
The Medical Officers and Nurses at the Emergency Department deliver expert treatment for a comprehensive spectrum of Life-Threatening, Trauma, Urgent and Non Urgent presentations.
- Heart Attack diagnosis and intervention.
- Stroke and any cerebral bleed.
- Basic Standard Quality treatment for minor to major illnesses.
- Pre-Hospital Care Ambulance Service with Emergency Medical Service Response Team.
- Basic and Advanced Airway Management.
- IV Fluids Resuscitation.
- Definitive treatment of minor to moderate injuries.
- Early Definitive Surgical Intervention to Major Injuries and Polytrauma.
- Reperfusion Therapy (Primary PCI/ Streptokinase) for acute STEMI.
- Resuscitation, Stabilization and Evacuation for all Emergencies
- Trauma cases (Road-Traffic Accidents, Sports Injuries, Industrials Accidents and Injuries)
- Medical emergencies
- Surgical emergencies
- Pediatric emergencies
- Obstetrics and Gynecology emergencies
- Orthopaedic emergencies
- Eye, Ear, Nose, Throat emergencies
- Psychiatric emergencies
- All patients are triaged at our Triage counter prior to entry into the Emergency Department. The Triage Nurse will take a brief history on the reason for presentation, record baseline vital signs, and transfer the patient to the appropriate area for commencement of treatment. Our Triage Classifications are based on the internationally recognized colour coding of:
- Red: Life-Threatening – Immediate Treatment
- Yellow: Urgent – Treatment within 15 minutes
- Green: Non-Urgent – Refer to OPD
At Pun Hlaing Hospitals, we provide a wide range of services to evaluate eyesight; and provide treatments for a range of conditions including diabetic eye diseases, glaucoma and cataracts.
- Comprehensive Vision Testing
- Complete Eye Examination Services
- Major and Minor Eye Surgeries
- Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Cataract Surgery
- Glaucoma Treatment