The Department of Orthopedic is dedicated to provide comprehensive services for patients with musculoskeletal problems. Orthopedic Department is dedicated to deliver international standard and high quality care using modern equipment and technology in Orthopedics and Traumatology. We are the one stop orthopedic center with comprehensive rehabilitation facility to help you get back to your normal daily function within 7 to 10 days.
- All types of fracture fixation
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Arthroplasty (Total Knee and Total Hip Replacement, Shoulder and Elbow Arthroplasty, Revision Arthroplasty Procedures)
- Spinal Surgery (Discectomy, Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Nucleoplasty, Fusion Surgery, Total Disc Replacement for whole spine, etc)
- Minimally Invasive Trauma and Spinal Operations
- Deformity Correction Operations
- Operations for Pediatric Orthopedic Problems
Neuroscience Department provides seamless healthcare system with continuum of clinical management for neurological and neurosurgical patients through multidisplinary teamwork comprising medical doctors, nurses, allied health care workers, rehabilitation staffs and supported by dedicated administrators. Our vision is to deliver international standard quality neurosurgical services and skills using modern neurosurgical equipment and state of art medical technology, minimize morbidity and mortality with satisfaction and appreciation by patients’ family members.
“We provide a wide-range of healthcare expertise for outpatients, inpatients for the following conditions:
- Head Injuries and Traumas
- Brain Hemorrhage
- Brain Tumors
- Spinal Tumors
- Prolapsed intervertebral disc
- Degenerated disc disease
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Weakness of arms and limbs
- One sided facial pain and spasm
- Infections related to brain and spinal cord
The department of Oncology has developed a Comprehensive Cancer Care Centre across Pun Hlaing network hospitals, allowing patients to access the full range of clinical services through evidence-based strategies for prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment, and palliation.
The approach is designed to reduce the number of cancer cases, improving the treatment outcome by enhancing the cancer patients’ quality of life.
CCCC services are delivering to our patients through four verticals across:
Prevent –> Screen –> Detect –> Treat Cancer Prevention Services
Our pediatric department provides care for children from birth to 12 years of age for all illnesses. The department consists of the general pediatric wards, newborn nursery and pediatric outpatients unit. There is a specialist outpatient Mother and Child Centre for children, located opposite the specialist OPD Centre on the hospital’s ground floor. Pun Hlaing Hospitals ensures that all children seen by any speciality as an outpatient will be cared for in this department.
- State-of-the-art pediatric primary care
- Vaccination services
- Neonatal services
- Care of several chronic illnesses such as Asthma, Thalassemia, and Epilepsy.
With permission from Myanmar’s National Central Committee for COVID-19 Protection, Control and Treatment, Pun Hlaing Hospital – Hlaing Tharyar started to provide testing and treatment from December 24th 2020. Pun Hlaing Hospitals – Hlaing Tharyar has built a brand new COVID-19 Testing Centre within two months to prepare for administering Antigen-RDT to test COVID-19 in Domestic Airline Travellers. The testing centre has been thoroughly checked and approved by Myanmar’s National Central Committee for COVID-19 Protection, Control and Treatment to administer these tests.
To ensure the safety of all patients in need of treatment/medical attention for both non-COVID-19 and COVID-19 related illnesses, we have segmented our facilities into Yellow Zone, Green Zone and Red Zone for staffs and patient safety. Pun Hlaing Hospitals (PHH) is committed to keep our patients safe and to ensure that we are always here for you, no matter what the situation is.
Oral and maxillofacial surgery is concerned with the treatment of conditions of the face, mouth and jaw. This includes repair of cleft lip/palate, facial trauma and surgery for cancer.
Our consultants treat a range of conditions, including facial injuries, head and neck cancers, salivary gland diseases, facial deformities, facial palsies, facial pain, facial skin lesions, impacted teeth, cysts and tumours of the jaws, as well as mouth ulcers and infections.
The department currently offers the below treatments:
- Oral and maxillofacial infections
- Impacted wisdom teeth removal
- Dental and maxillofacial trauma
- Surgery for oral and maxillofacial pathology
- Surgery for pre-cancer and oral cancer
- Salivary gland diseases
- Surgery for neck metastasis
- Cleft lip and palate surgery
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- Surgical correction of jaw
The Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) department provides diagnostic and treatment facilities for a wide range of ear, nose and throat diseases. The ENT service aims to improve the quality of life for individuals with ear, nose and throat disorders and provide timely and accurate advice and information.
The service offers a full range of non-emergency ENT and head and neck services, including support for minor ENT emergencies. ENT surgery provides services to treat disorders and defects of the ears, nose (including sinuses), throat, head and neck. Services are offered to adults and children on an inpatient or day-patient basis.
Our hospital has a 24 x 7 ‘on duty’ model Emergency Services department operated in accordance with international best practice guidelines set by the American College of Emergency and the Australian College of Emergency.
In line with these best practice guidelines, we have formulated our clinical protocols and training programs in emergency medicine for chest pain, heart attack, stroke and trauma clinical pathways. We are focused on achieving ‘Golden Time Standards’ for treatment and interventions. This ensures that patients receive appropriate intervention treatment within a specified period as benchmarked in developed countries.
We mandate that all clinical staff in our Emergency Department complete formal training through a web-based proprietary emergency medicine training program at three levels (basic, intermediate and advanced life support skills) and complete over 18 to 24 months.
All Medical Officers based in the Emergency Department are American Heart Association (AHA) accredited in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS). The Clinical Director and Head of Emergency Department, Dr Htun Htun Zaw is the first AHA, BLS and ACLS instructor to be accredited here in Yangon and will conduct regular courses to ensure that all our Medical Officers and Acute Area Registered Nurses become accredited in BLS and ACLS. Our fleet of 3 fully equipped Ambulances operates 24×7 with a call-out team consisting of a BLS/ACLS accredited Medical Officer and RN with an ambulance driver trained in CPR and accident site management. Onboard equipment includes a portable ventilator, Automated External Defibrillator, Oxygen, Complete Suctioning System and comprehensive medical supplies to deliver a true “hospital on wheels” experience offering quick initial intervention, the ability to stabilize at the scene and retrieve back to base safely.
The Medical Officers and Nurses at the Emergency Department deliver expert treatment for a comprehensive spectrum of Life-Threatening, Trauma, Urgent and Non Urgent presentations.
- Heart Attack diagnosis and intervention.
- Stroke and any cerebral bleed.
- Basic Standard Quality treatment for minor to major illnesses.
- Pre-Hospital Care Ambulance Service with Emergency Medical Service Response Team.
- Basic and Advanced Airway Management.
- IV Fluids Resuscitation.
- Definitive treatment of minor to moderate injuries.
- Early Definitive Surgical Intervention to Major Injuries and Polytrauma.
- Reperfusion Therapy (Primary PCI/ Streptokinase) for acute STEMI.
- Resuscitation, Stabilization and Evacuation for all Emergencies
- Trauma cases (Road-Traffic Accidents, Sports Injuries, Industrials Accidents and Injuries)
- Medical emergencies
- Surgical emergencies
- Pediatric emergencies
- Obstetrics and Gynecology emergencies
- Orthopaedic emergencies
- Eye, Ear, Nose, Throat emergencies
- Psychiatric emergencies
- All patients are triaged at our Triage counter prior to entry into the Emergency Department. The Triage Nurse will take a brief history on the reason for presentation, record baseline vital signs, and transfer the patient to the appropriate area for commencement of treatment. Our Triage Classifications are based on the internationally recognized colour coding of:
- Red: Life-Threatening – Immediate Treatment
- Yellow: Urgent – Treatment within 15 minutes
- Green: Non-Urgent – Refer to OPD
At Pun Hlaing Hospitals, we provide a wide range of services to evaluate eyesight; and provide treatments for a range of conditions including diabetic eye diseases, glaucoma and cataracts.
- Comprehensive Vision Testing
- Complete Eye Examination Services
- Major and Minor Eye Surgeries
- Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Cataract Surgery
- Glaucoma Treatment
General Surgery Department is a primary provider of acute and elective surgical care. It has facilities and competencies to provide secondary and tertiary surgical services in Myanmar. The service also includes surgical subspecialties such as endovascular surgery, surgical oncology, minimally invasive surgery, surgical endoscopy and trauma.
Our General Surgery Department performs a variety of procedures including, but not limited to:
- Endocrine Surgery (Breast and Thyroid)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery (Advanced Stapling Surgery)
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy, Abdominal Wall Hernias)
- Endoscopic procedures (EVL, Clipping of bleeding ulcer, Polypectomy and Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) Feeding Tube Insertion)
- Stapled Haemorrhoidectomy (PPH)
- Chemo Port Insertion for Cancer patients
- All types of Hernia operations
- General Surgical procedures for Pediatrics (Circumcision, Sistrunk Operation, Orchidopexy, Hernia repair, etc)
- Future plan on Advanced Laparoscopic procedures (Colo-rectal, Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery).
Our Cardiology Department is one of the leading cardiac care providers in the country’s only JCIA hospital, PHSH. Our department is managed by a team of dedicated and experienced consultant cardiologists, supported by a full-time junior registrar team. The cardiology department provides a broad range of screening, early diagnosis, clinical management and rehabilitation/education of heart diseases.
With our team, you are in safe hands in case of a heart attack as our internationally recognized interventional cardiologists are available round the clock. Our 24/7 fully equipped ambulance service ‘Hospital-on-wheels’ will ensure you will receive the most appropriate treatment in a timely and efficient manner.
We provide a wide range of services from preventive to curative measures:
- Cardiac Check-up Packages
- 24/7 Chest Pain Clinic
- Treadmill ECG
- Coronary Calcium Score
- CT Coronary Angiogram
- Coronary Angiogram
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
- Primary PCI
- Holter ECG
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT)
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)
Department of Anaesthesiology offers a highly integrated, collaborative group of full-time in-house anesthesiologists committed to providing the best possible care to adult and pediatric patients requiring anaesthesia and intensive care management.
- Services provided by the department are:
- Clinical anaesthesia: Preoperative medical and surgical evaluation
- Administration of anaesthesia in all subspecialties
- Local, regional, spinal and general anaesthesia
- Nerve block (peripheral nerve block)
- Obstetrical analgesia and anaesthesia
- Critical care management; General Surgery monitoring, Neurosurgery, Oral and maxillofacial surgery, Plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery, Ophthalmology, etc.
- Post-operative care and pain management
- Pain management services for both acute and chronic as well as labour pain
- Sedation for minor procedures and endoscopy
These services are provided in
- Operating room with up-to-date anaesthetic machine and monitor
- Daycare surgery room
- Endoscopy room
- Labour delivery room
- ICU bed individual room
- HDU beds
Internal medicine is concerned with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of adult diseases by non-surgical techniques.
Our vision is to achieve complete patient satisfaction and the best patient management outcomes with high-quality care using focused imaging and laboratory tests. At the same time, clinicians and all medical staff in the Department of Internal Medicine are continuously trained for technical skills, patient care management skills, and communication skills through round teachings, case presentations, reviews and discussions, journal readings, regular CME programs, and conferences.
Then the training objectives are also intended to provide
- The patients with kind and compassionate care,
- To attain the professional,
- Technical skills,
- To learn and practice patient communication and shared decision making,
- To apply current evidence-based knowledge to achieve the best likelihood of the patient’s desired outcome,
- To develop their careers,
- Achieve scholarship,
- Complete the prerequisites needed for the next steps of their careers,
- To learn how to problem-solve and begin the process of self-directed,
- Life-long and mutually reinforcing teaching and learning,
- To assess patient outcomes to improve future decision making and guide practice management,
- To organize their workdays,
- As well as reflect upon and plan for professional-personal balance,
- Stress reduction,
- Personal health and to carry out high-level basic and clinical research.
Nephrology Department provides comprehensive renal care by our dedicated Nephrologist and Nephrology Registrar, who ensure that the best clinical outcomes are being delivered according to international benchmarks since 2012. Our goal is to provide an international quality Haemodialysis service that is affordable, accessible and equitable to all socioeconomic segments.
Our Haemodialysis Centre is catered for both outpatients and in-patients with state-of-the-art equipment and dialysis solutions for acute or chronic renal failure. We also have compartmentalized and secured facilities for patients with Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C infection.
We are offering Dialysis Suite and Executive Dialysis Suite to meet the patients’ needs. The Dialysis Suite is a regular hall type dialysis facility where you can enjoy interaction with your fellow dialysis patients with a sense of privacy. In the Executive Dialysis Suite, you will have your personal space with additional facilities and benefits such as personal flat TV, refreshments, and family waiting areas. We will do our best to accommodate patients based on their preferred date and times, making the unit favourable to holidaymakers, business and transient patients, as well as to our regular patients. We can also accommodate overseas visitors wishing to dialyze while in Yangon.
Regardless of the type of facility you choose, you will get individualized and tailored care from our experienced dialysis nurses once you start Haemodialysis with us. They will ensure your safety and make your treatment session personal and comfortable with compassionate and holistic care.
The Hepatobiliary Department specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions liver, bile ducts or gall bladder.
Our consultants have a wide range of specialist expertise and work in a multidisciplinary fashion to provide integrated care for patients and their families. The department provides each patient with a thorough, timely, cost-effective evaluation of his or her liver and biliary disorder and delivers specific care based on his or her needs.
Our Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is dedicated and led by our team of experienced doctors in obstetrics and gynaecology (O&G), paediatrics (children) to provide women and their families with the most compassionate care available anywhere. Our commitment to patient-centred Care has shaped our Center for Women and Newborns at the Pun Hlaing Hospital – well renowned for our obstetrical and neonatal care quality.
Obstetrics -We provide the utmost in patient-centred Care and deliver more babies than any other hospitals in the region. We are specially equipped to care for infants, as we established the state of the art Baby Care Unit (BCU) in the hospital. Gynaecology: We offer complete outpatient and inpatient gynecologic care and the latest minimally invasive and robotic treatments for common and complex conditions, including uterine fibroids, urinary incontinence, and gynecologic cancers. Our Centre for Breastfeeding is encouraging mothers to offer breast milk to the newborns.
Early detection of diseases through regular health screening can make a major impact on the effectiveness and cost of treatment later on. As such, regular medical check-up is an important element of healthy living. Our Medical Checkup Centre is a one-stop health screening centre that caters to all your health screening needs utilizing modern diagnostic equipment and testing. Our dedicated team of healthcare professionals provide personalized attention to enhance your well-being, for better understanding and management of your state of health. We will also work closely with you to modify your lifestyle when necessary. Through result analysis and health education, we aim to provide you with relevant knowledge to add many healthy years to your life! At our Wellness Centre, we offer health screening that enables early detection of common chronic illnesses such as heart disease, stroke, hypertension and diabetes. Our health screening services are suitable for both individuals and employees of corporate organizations. For better convenience, we recommend getting the appointment ahead.
If you have any other health concerns or existing medical conditions, please contact us directly for more information. Our doctor may recommend additional tests based on your individual risk factors (e.g. self or family history of hereditary or chronic diseases, exposure to factors that can lead to disease).
Payment can be made by cash or credit card. An insurance claim is not applicable for health screening packages. For inquiries or appointment booking, please email or contact the Medical Checkup Centre at: Tel: +95 1 368 44 33
Monday to Friday: 8 am to 5 pm
At Pun Hlaing Hospital Hlaing Tharyar, we take pride in improving our patients’ appearance and confidence through our committed Plastic Surgeon. So, when you are ready to make a change, be it big or small, let us show you what we can do for you. Our department offers both surgical procedures with fewer invasion options by customizing suitable plans to achieve the results that always dreamed of.
The Gastroenterology Department specializes in diagnosing and treating gastrointestinal tract conditions (the digestive tract from the mouth through to anus, including the stomach and bowel), liver, pancreas, and gall bladder.
Our consultants have a wide range of specialty expertise and work in a multidisciplinary approach to provide integrated care for patients and their families. In addition, the department offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic procedures and specialist clinics.
Our specialists are experienced in the areas of:
- Gastroenterology (oesophageal, digestive system)
- Hepatology (liver, gall bladder, bile ducts and pancreas)
The urology department is a well-known provider of urological services in the Hlaing Thar Yar region. Our medical team with excellent credentials emphasises the delivery of specialised medical and surgical care in all major aspects of urology. We offer comprehensive diagnostic and treatment options for a broad range of urological conditions, such as cystoscopy with insertion or removal of ureteral stent, urinary incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), stones in the Urinary Tract, and kidney dysfunction.
We are committed to offering the highest clinical governance standards and patient-centred care by incorporating the latest advancements in Cystoscopy with insertion or removal of ureteral stent, Urinary incontinence, Urethral dilation, Urethral calibration, Catheterization, Transurethral resection of the prostate, Stone removal procedures, Bladder neck reconstruction, etc.