Oral and maxillofacial surgery is concerned with the treatment of conditions of the face, mouth and jaw. This includes repair of cleft lip/palate, facial trauma and surgery for cancer.
Our consultants treat a range of conditions, including facial injuries, head and neck cancers, salivary gland diseases, facial deformities, facial palsies, facial pain, facial skin lesions, impacted teeth, cysts and tumours of the jaws, as well as mouth ulcers and infections.
The department currently offers the below treatments:
- Oral and maxillofacial infections
- Impacted wisdom teeth removal
- Dental and maxillofacial trauma
- Surgery for oral and maxillofacial pathology
- Surgery for pre-cancer and oral cancer
- Salivary gland diseases
- Surgery for neck metastasis
- Cleft lip and palate surgery
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- Surgical correction of jaw