For immediate release
Date 24 June 2022
Pun Hlaing Hospitals’ and Wave Money join hands to give back to the community
Yangon, Myanmar,  June 2022 – Pun Hlaing Hospitals (“PHH”) based in Hlaing Tharya joined hands with Wave Money to support underprivileged communities with COVID-19 Vaccination across Myanmar.
- Pun Hlaing Hospitals is the first private hospital group in Myanmar to:
- Receive approval from Myanmar’s Ministry of Health, Food and Drug Administration to import up to 400,000 doses of Sinopharm vaccines.
- Serve as a one-stop centre for COVID-19 testing, containment, treatment, and vaccination.
- Over this period, PHH had over 840 staff inflicted with covid, provided treatment to over 1,000 COVID-19 patients, and inoculated over 170,000 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Wave Money has joined hands with Pun Hlaing Hospitals and donated 6,650 doses of COVID-19 Vaccination to support underprivileged communities. The program will distribute vaccines in villages near Hlaing Tharya, Mandalay and Taunggyi starting 24 June 2022.
“Wave Money has been supporting the most vulnerable since the beginning of the pandemic by digitally transferring aid to communities hard-hit by COVID-19. Through this social support program with Pun Hlaing Hospitals to support underprivileged communities with COVID-19 Vaccination we are delighted to bring a positive social and health impact” said Brad Jones, CEO Wave Money.
“Our immediate goal of the COVID-19 vaccination strategy is to minimise severe disease, reduce death and overall disease burden. Through this “Giving Back to Community” programme along with Wave Money, it is our endeavour to drive the YOMA group’s vision of “To build a better Myanmar for its people”. by Dr Zaw Win Sandy, COO, Emerging Health, YOMA OUE Healthcare.
PHH continued to grow its footprint (3 Hospitals, 4 Clinics) across the country to provide affordable and accessible healthcare services in Myanmar. We continued to thrive by innovating our care service mix and delivering them through new platforms across the emerging healthcare and hospital provider arms.
PHH welcome more partners to sponsor the “Giving Back to Community” program to work hand-in-hand on providing quality care to our people of Myanmar.
About Pun Hlaing Hospitals
The first Pun Hlaing Hospitals was established in 2005. Today, First Myanmar Investment owns 60% of Yoma Siloam Hospital Pun Hlaing Ltd., the joint-venture entity and operator of Pun Hlaing Hospitals, while OUE Lippo Healthcare Limited (Singapore) owns the remaining 40%. It is the only hospital in Myanmar to be awarded the American Joint Commission International Accreditation (JCI) for quality and patient safety. PHH aims to provide affordable and accessible healthcare that embodies International Quality, Scale, Godly Compassion, and Reach to all socio-economic segments in Myanmar.
For media queries, please contact:
May Ohn Nyunt Kyi
Interim Chief Communications Officer
Pun Hlaing Hospitals Group
About Wave Money
Wave Money is the leading mobile financial services provider operating with over 50,000 Wave shop across Myanmar and provides easy, fast and reliable mobile financial services through a nationwide agent network. Wave Money introduced a unique way of transferring money, bringing millions of people in Myanmar access to formal financial services. Through Wave Money, thousands of people a day are sending money anywhere and at any time. The Wave Money call center operates 24/7 and is always available to respond to any customer queries. For more information, please visit: http://www.wavemoney.com.mm
WavePay was launched in 2018 to make every day financial transactions more convenient and accessible for the people of Myanmar. WavePay is a mobile wallet application that delivers a new era of digital paytech for Myanmar. WavePay fosters a vibrant fintech ecosystem and an enriching, secure and convenient digital payment experience and offers major use cases such as money transfer services, mobile top-up, bill payment, loan repayment, basic utility services payment, merchant payments, ticketing services and donations.
For media queries, please contact:
Senior Marketing Manager,
Akhayar Lifestyle: https://akhayarlifestyle.com/punhlinagpressrelease/?fs=e&s=cl
Facebook coverage: https://www.facebook.com/punhlainghospitals/photos/a.679412435535552/2711704968972945/
LinkedIn coverage: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6945943182677278720