Making a push into the domestic market beyond major cities, Pun Hlaing Hospitals Taunggyi was created in October 2018 to expand our hospital network across the broader country. Our Taunggyi hospital is a joint venture with Sein Hospital and provides primary plus secondary medical services. SEIN is a leading private hospital operating for over 2 decades.
It is a 100-bed facility offering primarily secondary healthcare in surgical procedures, laboratory, imaging, general healthcare and diagnostics services.
The Department of Orthopedic is dedicated to provide comprehensive services for patients with musculoskeletal problems. Orthopedic Department is dedicated to deliver international standard and high quality care using modern equipment and technology in Orthopedics and Traumatology. We are the one stop orthopedic center with comprehensive rehabilitation facility to help you get back to your normal daily function within 7 to 10 days.
- All types of fracture fixation
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Arthroplasty (Total Knee and Total Hip Replacement, Shoulder and Elbow Arthroplasty, Revision Arthroplasty Procedures)
- Spinal Surgery (Discectomy, Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Nucleoplasty, Fusion Surgery, Total Disc Replacement for whole spine, etc)
- Minimally Invasive Trauma and Spinal Operations
- Deformity Correction Operations
- Operations for Pediatric Orthopedic Problems
We provide a wide range of services for Breast Imaging. Screening Breast Imaging, Diagnostic Breast Imaging
The department of Oncology has developed a Comprehensive Cancer Care Centre across Pun Hlaing network hospitals, allowing patients to access the full range of clinical services through evidence-based strategies for prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment, and palliation.
The approach is designed to reduce the number of cancer cases, improving the treatment outcome by enhancing the cancer patients’ quality of life.
CCCC services are delivering to our patients through four verticals across:
Prevent –> Screen –> Detect –> Treat Cancer Prevention Services
Our pediatric department provides care for children from birth to 12 years of age for all illnesses. The department consists of the general pediatric wards, newborn nursery and pediatric outpatients unit. There is a specialist outpatient Mother and Child Centre for children, located opposite the specialist OPD Centre on the hospital’s ground floor. Pun Hlaing Hospitals ensures that all children seen by any speciality as an outpatient will be cared for in this department.
- State-of-the-art pediatric primary care
- Vaccination services
- Neonatal services
- Care of several chronic illnesses such as Asthma, Thalassemia, and Epilepsy.
Our hospital has a 24 x 7 ‘on duty’ model Emergency Services department operated in accordance with international best practice guidelines set by the American College of Emergency and the Australian College of Emergency.
In line with these best practice guidelines, we have formulated our clinical protocols and training programs in emergency medicine for chest pain, heart attack, stroke and trauma clinical pathways. We are focused on achieving ‘Golden Time Standards’ for treatment and interventions. This ensures that patients receive appropriate intervention treatment within a specified period as benchmarked in developed countries.
We mandate that all clinical staff in our Emergency Department complete formal training through a web-based proprietary emergency medicine training program at three levels (basic, intermediate and advanced life support skills) and complete over 18 to 24 months.
All Medical Officers based in the Emergency Department are American Heart Association (AHA) accredited in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS). The Clinical Director and Head of Emergency Department, Dr Htun Htun Zaw is the first AHA, BLS and ACLS instructor to be accredited here in Yangon and will conduct regular courses to ensure that all our Medical Officers and Acute Area Registered Nurses become accredited in BLS and ACLS. Our fleet of 3 fully equipped Ambulances operates 24×7 with a call-out team consisting of a BLS/ACLS accredited Medical Officer and RN with an ambulance driver trained in CPR and accident site management. Onboard equipment includes a portable ventilator, Automated External Defibrillator, Oxygen, Complete Suctioning System and comprehensive medical supplies to deliver a true “hospital on wheels” experience offering quick initial intervention, the ability to stabilize at the scene and retrieve back to base safely.
The Medical Officers and Nurses at the Emergency Department deliver expert treatment for a comprehensive spectrum of Life-Threatening, Trauma, Urgent and Non Urgent presentations.
- Heart Attack diagnosis and intervention.
- Stroke and any cerebral bleed.
- Basic Standard Quality treatment for minor to major illnesses.
- Pre-Hospital Care Ambulance Service with Emergency Medical Service Response Team.
- Basic and Advanced Airway Management.
- IV Fluids Resuscitation.
- Definitive treatment of minor to moderate injuries.
- Early Definitive Surgical Intervention to Major Injuries and Polytrauma.
- Reperfusion Therapy (Primary PCI/ Streptokinase) for acute STEMI.
- Resuscitation, Stabilization and Evacuation for all Emergencies
- Trauma cases (Road-Traffic Accidents, Sports Injuries, Industrials Accidents and Injuries)
- Medical emergencies
- Surgical emergencies
- Pediatric emergencies
- Obstetrics and Gynecology emergencies
- Orthopaedic emergencies
- Eye, Ear, Nose, Throat emergencies
- Psychiatric emergencies
- All patients are triaged at our Triage counter prior to entry into the Emergency Department. The Triage Nurse will take a brief history on the reason for presentation, record baseline vital signs, and transfer the patient to the appropriate area for commencement of treatment. Our Triage Classifications are based on the internationally recognized colour coding of:
- Red: Life-Threatening – Immediate Treatment
- Yellow: Urgent – Treatment within 15 minutes
- Green: Non-Urgent – Refer to OPD
At Pun Hlaing Hospitals, we provide a wide range of services to evaluate eyesight; and provide treatments for a range of conditions including diabetic eye diseases, glaucoma and cataracts.
- Comprehensive Vision Testing
- Complete Eye Examination Services
- Major and Minor Eye Surgeries
- Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Cataract Surgery
- Glaucoma Treatment
General Surgery Department is a primary provider of acute and elective surgical care. It has facilities and competencies to provide secondary and tertiary surgical services in Myanmar. The service also includes surgical subspecialties such as endovascular surgery, surgical oncology, minimally invasive surgery, surgical endoscopy and trauma.
Our General Surgery Department performs a variety of procedures including, but not limited to:
- Endocrine Surgery (Breast and Thyroid)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery (Advanced Stapling Surgery)
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy, Abdominal Wall Hernias)
- Endoscopic procedures (EVL, Clipping of bleeding ulcer, Polypectomy and Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) Feeding Tube Insertion)
- Stapled Haemorrhoidectomy (PPH)
- Chemo Port Insertion for Cancer patients
- All types of Hernia operations
- General Surgical procedures for Pediatrics (Circumcision, Sistrunk Operation, Orchidopexy, Hernia repair, etc)
- Future plan on Advanced Laparoscopic procedures (Colo-rectal, Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery).
PHH -Taunggyi is providing Home Healthcare Services for those who have difficulty accessing hospitals and clinics. A range of healthcare services is offered door-to-door by professional healthcare workers from our Pun Hlaing Hospitals.
Internal medicine is concerned with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of adult diseases by non-surgical techniques.
Our vision is to achieve complete patient satisfaction and the best patient management outcomes with high-quality care using focused imaging and laboratory tests. At the same time, clinicians and all medical staff in the Department of Internal Medicine are continuously trained for technical skills, patient care management skills, and communication skills through round teachings, case presentations, reviews and discussions, journal readings, regular CME programs, and conferences.
Then the training objectives are also intended to provide
- The patients with kind and compassionate care,
- To attain the professional,
- Technical skills,
- To learn and practice patient communication and shared decision making,
- To apply current evidence-based knowledge to achieve the best likelihood of the patient’s desired outcome,
- To develop their careers,
- Achieve scholarship,
- Complete the prerequisites needed for the next steps of their careers,
- To learn how to problem-solve and begin the process of self-directed,
- Life-long and mutually reinforcing teaching and learning,
- To assess patient outcomes to improve future decision making and guide practice management,
- To organize their workdays,
- As well as reflect upon and plan for professional-personal balance,
- Stress reduction,
- Personal health and to carry out high-level basic and clinical research.
Our Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is dedicated and led by our team of experienced doctors in obstetrics and gynaecology (O&G), paediatrics (children) to provide women and their families with the most compassionate care available anywhere. Our commitment to patient-centred Care has shaped our Center for Women and Newborns at the Pun Hlaing Hospital – well renowned for our obstetrical and neonatal care quality.
Obstetrics -We provide the utmost in patient-centred Care and deliver more babies than any other hospitals in the region. We are specially equipped to care for infants, as we established the state of the art Baby Care Unit (BCU) in the hospital. Gynaecology: We offer complete outpatient and inpatient gynecologic care and the latest minimally invasive and robotic treatments for common and complex conditions, including uterine fibroids, urinary incontinence, and gynecologic cancers. Our Centre for Breastfeeding is encouraging mothers to offer breast milk to the newborns.