Our face is (usually) the most important way we communicate directly with others – whether by speech (and singing) or just by an expression such as smiling, frowning or crying.
The Department of Maxillofacial Surgery offers a comprehensive service relating to conditions of the face, mouth, jaws and neck.
Our consultants treat a range of conditions, including facial injuries, head and neck cancers, salivary gland diseases, facial deformities, facial palsies, facial pain, facial skin lesions, impacted teeth, cysts and tumors of the jaws, as well as mouth ulcers and infections.
The department currently offers the below treatments:
- Oral and maxillofacial infections
- Impacted wisdom teeth removal
- Dental and maxillofacial trauma
- Surgery for oral and maxillofacial pathology
- Surgery for pre cancer and oral cancer
- Salivary gland diseases
- Surgery for neck metastasis
- Cleft lip and palate surgery
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- Surgical correction of jaw