General Surgery Department is a primary provider of acute and elective surgical care. It has facilities and competencies to provide secondary and tertiary surgical services in Myanmar. The service also includes surgical subspecialties such as endovascular surgery, surgical oncology, minimally invasive surgery, surgical endoscopy and trauma.
Our General Surgery Department performs a variety of procedures including, but not limited to:
- Endocrine Surgery (Breast and Thyroid)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery (Advanced Stapling Surgery)
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy, Abdominal Wall Hernias)
- Endoscopic procedures (EVL, Clipping of bleeding ulcer, Polypectomy and Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) Feeding Tube Insertion)
- Stapled Haemorrhoidectomy (PPH)
- Chemo Port Insertion for Cancer patients
- All types of Hernia operations
- General Surgical procedures for Pediatrics (Circumcision, Sistrunk Operation, Orchidopexy, Hernia repair, etc)
- Future plan on Advanced Laparoscopic procedures (Colo-rectal, Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery).